Friday, March 6, 2009

Kwasizabantu Mission

On Monday morning I left for a two day pastor's conference at the Kwasizabantu Mission in KwaZulu Natal, South Africa. From Ladybrand it is an eight hour drive. The route we took winds up through the beautiful Drakensberg Mountains. (See the picture below. Note: I did not take the picture. I got it online.) I rode with Pieter Marias, Gert Louw and ten other people from our churches in South Africa and Lesotho. The history of the Kwasizabantu Missions is truly amazing. This my second time to visit the mission. You can learn more about the mission at www.kwasizabanto.com .
Last year the huge auditorium where previous pastor's conferences were held accidentally burned down. Now the mission is in the process of rebuilding the auditorium. It is a beautiful structure that can see ten thousand people (The number may be higher. I just can't remember for sure.)
Rev. Leonard Sankey and his wife were at the conference. Dr. Sankey was one of the speakers for the conference. Picture below is Bro. Piet Marias on the left, Dr. Sankey in the middle and myself on the right. Rev. John Parker was also at the conference. It was nice to see these Brothers from America.
We heard many deeply moving and challenging messages. Our hearts were stirred to go back to our local congregations and keep building the Kingdom of God. I am very thankful for the opportunity I had to be a part of the pastor's conference.

No comments: