Saturday, October 18, 2008

Gardening

We decided to try our hand at a small garden this year. We thought we were going to have to move at the end of November, but due to some unexpected circumstances it looks like we should be able to stay in this house at least another year. Since we are planning on staying we decided to have a garden. The first project was to remove a mostly dead peach tree. After the tree was cut I worked on the stump for quite a while before it finally yielded. Next, as you can see below, I began "tilling" the plot. As I was using the pick on the hard packed soil I remembered how easy it was preparing our garden in PA with my in law's tiller. Oh well, the produce will make it worth while. I'll try to share more pictures as we make more progress with our garden.



No comments: