Saturday, June 13, 2015

I'm not sure if anyone ever stops by here anymore, but just in case someone happens along I'll blow off the dust, brush out the cobwebs and try to add some new thoughts and photos for those who are tired of looking at carrots. :-) 

Gwen and I read a book over the past few months that we would highly recommend to anyone serious about the eternal destiny of their children.  I don't even know where we got it, maybe a yard sale, but it is an original copy and was printed in 1833 as you can see in the photo. Its not in very good condition but the author has something to say.  His writing is very practical and simple but amazing would be the results if his advice were followed. I think I'll leave you in suspense as to who the author is.....  Maybe in that way I'll see if anyone still visits this site. :-) 


"Your future happiness is in the hands of your children."

This he says after saying that "many have had their hearts broken, and their gray hairs brought down with sorrow to the grave, solely in consequence of their own neglect to train up their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord!"

Ephesians 6:4

5 comments:

Elizabeth Albertson said...

We Albertsons always read your blog when our "blog-roll" tells us you've updated! :) And it works -- you can still get people to be curious by not giving us all the answers in one post! How can a person go about finding this wonderful book? Does it even have an ISBN?

Roberta said...

Yes, I read your blog posts when they appear in "Feedly"! Would be happy for more pictures and information on your family and what you are doing now.

Unknown said...

I too always read your updates whenever they are posted. I use bloglovin to follow your blog.

Anonymous said...

The Yoder girls check about once every two weeks! (=

Philip Geise said...

We are waiting for information on how to acquire this book! Thank you for updating your blog! :) Phil