Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bull Fight

I forgot to tell you that a little over a week ago when we were out on the farm I had a little encounter with a young bull. A gate was left open and this frisky fellow got out. I was walking down to the corral when this young bull started coming my way. Unfortunately my two oldest boys and some other children were with me. So while I waited for them to get inside the fence the bull started challenging me. Just as the last child was inside the gate they closed it behind me. The bull, thankfully a young one without horns, knocked me over, pushing the gate open in the process and landed on top of me. He was struggling to get up and I was doing the same. In the mean time he dragged me over against a thorn tree and gave me a few painful souvenirs on my arm. Thankfully the tangle didn't last long and besides the hurt arm I didn't sustain any other wounds. My back, chest, and legs were quite sore, though, for several days as I am not in the practice of bull fighting, especially with the bull on top. We thank God for the protection He gives. Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the fight.

3 comments:

Janet said...

We're glad you weren't seriously hurt.
We were privileged to have Brent, Alicia, and Tirzah with us for a weekend recently!
You are in our prayers!

Raylin said...

I am so disappointed... no pictures! :) You probably didn't even have one of those little swords, either?! No fair, bull! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.